Received the most coveted and prestigious “Best Accredited Student Branch Award” and “Largest Student Branch Award” from the Computer Society of India. This award will be presented in the CSI 53rd Annual National Convention-2020, Theme: Digital Democracy – IT for Change, scheduled @ KIIT University, Bhuvaneswar, Odisha from 16-18, January 2020.
Vision: IT for masses.
Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 72 chapters across India, 511 student branches, and 100,000 members. It brings quarterly journals, monthly communication and local newsletter. CSI has International affiliations with IEEE-CS, IFIP, SEARCC, etc.
- To exchange views and information, learn and share ideas
- It aims for the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering,Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences
Mission- Bangalore Chapter
- Capable of making a difference to the community through IT and be a trusted advisor to the IT policy makers
- Provide value add to sponsors, delegates, students, IT and membership
- Educate IT users on appropriate usage (safe, secure, legal and ethical) of IT
- 10-20% discount on all CSI hosted events
- Special rates for CSI supported events
- 20% discount on membership of IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS)
- CSI Communications (monthly) and CSI Journal (quarterly)
- CSI members can apply for CICC training courses conducted at Japan
- CSI promotes and provides financial support for research work in contemporary areas in IT and Computer Science