BE – Information Science and Engineering
Information Science is the buzzword today in all walks of life as it enables knowledge about the technology to foster a sustainable world. In order to enhance the global quality of life, the discipline lays foundation for mining information from huge data sources for intelligent decision making in smart applications. Information Science professionals are among the fastest growing and highly paid professionals in the industry. The course attracts people with interest in developing skills like Analytical, Mathematical, Managerial, Communication, Creative Problem solving and technical competency. Information Science has made a mark in all paradigms, be it space or down to agriculture.
Skills Involved: The Information Science & Engineering graduates will be able to design, develop and implement solutions for software based real life problems that meet the desired requirements. They use modern tools with the required latest technologies and skills for computer-based systems. They learn to appraise the ethical, legal, professional and social norms of engineering practice and will be able to communicate effectively, write effective reports, and design good documentation and make effective presentations.
OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES
- To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
- To make a student an effective team player, team leader, an excellent visionary and above all a ‘persona humane’.
- To create competent and trained professionals in Information Technology who shall contribute advancement of engineering, science and technology & be useful to the Nation.
- To impart quality and value based education & to get all stakeholders satisfaction.
- To apply new developments in Information Management and provide all support to promote research & development.
Information Science and Engineering Graduates can expect professional career opportunities in IT and other allied industries in the areas such as system analysis, design, development, support, mobile and distributed application development, web/ecommerce development, database administration, computer hardware, networking, education and training.
A BRIEF COURSE OVERVIEW
The curriculum of Information Science and Engineering sensitizes the students from third semesters towards the probable career path he/she can follow and excel accordingly. Career path proposed through curriculum:
- Data Science Engineers
- Network Engineers
- Software Development Engineers
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Scope for Higher Studies
The R&D Center has been established in the department to take up research projects and also to cater to the needs of faculty, who are doing their research work. Students are also involved in research activities with the faculty. The research center of Information Science and Engineering which was started in the year 2009 is recognized by The Visvesvaraya Technology University (VTU)